Self-Love Is The Ultimate Kindness.
Self-love is an elusive and confusing idea for many people. I, myself, have struggled with what it means and how to practice it for a very long time. Today I am introducing you to a guided list to help us all love ourselves more and better so that we can benefit from the self-love that we are giving to ourselves.
- Stop all criticism. Accept yourself as you are by refusing to criticize yourself not one single bit. Criticism never changes anything. It will only keep you stuck in a negative frame of mind and break down your spirit.
- Don’t scare yourself. Stop terrorizing yourself with horrible worry thoughts that can escalate to a place that is crippling to you. Practice creating a mental image of something that makes you feel good then switch your thought to a positive one.
- Be kind. Consider your words to yourself by saying the types of things to yourself that you would say to someone you really love. Self-hatred is hating your thoughts. Don’t hate yourself for your thoughts. Be patient and gentle with yourself as you learn to think differently.
- Praise yourself. How many of us do this regularly or even at all? Praise yourself well and often. Tell yourself how well you are doing.
- Support yourself. Be involved with life. Find positive friends whose company you enjoy. Reach out when you need help. It is a strength to ask for help not a weakness.
- Accept that you struggle with negative patterns. All behavior is created to fulfill a need. At one time the behavior and thinking was necessary. As you learn new positive patterns, lovingly release the old negative ones.
- Take care of yourself. You only have one body and it will only perform best if you treat it well. Find a way to discipline yourself to eat food that is nutritious and to drink enough water for optimal functioning. Also find a way to discipline yourself to exercise. Learn to breath well and practice doing it.
I recommend keeping food that tempts you to eat poorly out of the house while keeping nutritious food available. Keep your water with you as you go about your business. Do exercise that you like to do. Consider downloading apps that have notifications that will remind you to do these things throughout the day.
- Practice mirror work. Use a mirror to express your growing sense of love for yourself. Look into your eyes and say, “I love you. I really love you.” This will probably seem awkward but it gets better with practice.
- Forgive yourself and others. We have all done things that we are not proud of. And, we all have forgiveness work to do on other people (especially our parents). It benefits you not a single iota to not forgive. It keeps you stuck in a painful place. It helps to try to remember that we all are doing the best we can with who we are at all times.
Do it now!! There is no time like the present and time is short. Reap the benefits of self-love by practicing this ultimate kindness today and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…